Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Authors. What is KindleScout?



An Aside
Read "Freedom's Just A Word" for FREE on Inkitt. Reviews appreciated! inkitt.com/stories/scifi/
via

This post sets up the three post series 

"My KindleScout Experience.”
It is short.

Part 1. My Introduction

In December of 2015, Sherry Frazier, my publicist, emailed me about a new Amazon program. Titled KindleScout, Amazon offered the following.



Although the screenshot is from an email in early 2016, the information is what I got in 2015. It’s the same information they send out today.

Part 2. Details Beyond the Overview

These screenshots show what the expectations are for the submission. They are from https://kindlescout.amazon.com/submit?ref_=pe_2437730_163937510_ks_amzn_automail



Clicking the Submit Your Manuscript takes you to a login for Amazon. Once you log in, you see the following.
There are more boxes to fill in, but you get the idea.
  • They aren’t kidding about the character counts. Spaces count.
  • Your answers to the questions at the end, while optional, are of value to potential nominators. The last parts of the submission process allow you to select which Q/As you want posted. I answered them all. That wasn’t necessary. They also have a strict character count, so pay attention to that. If I submit again, I will answer only the three questions I want posted.

They send you a “pre nomination link.” The link takes you to what will be the nomination page. Check everything carefully. They left out “Volume 4” from my tagline. Response time on “fixes” is FAST.

Several days into the actual campaign, I noticed that the cover photo was a version earlier than the current iteration. They replaced the photo in less than one day.

READ as much as you can about this program online before you submit.

Within a day of receiving my “pre nomination link,” I received an offer from the author of a book on how to “win” at KindleScout. I suspect you will, too.

This is the best Q/A about the program I found.

Bottom line. Do your homework before you submit! 

Next Post: My KindleScout Experience - Extraneous Activity


Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback on blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment