Monday, November 20, 2017

Almanac. Teachers Pay Teachers and more


Just before Black Friday, here are two sources of gifts you can’t miss!
I thought I’d lead with some serious hyperbole. Of course you can miss these sources. I hope you won’t.

If you need a gift for a teacher . . .
The title of this post includes Teachers Pay Teachers. That’s a web-based store where teachers offer ideas, lessons, activities, and other items they’ve developed for sale.
Here’s my “store page.” I’ve got 27 products listed. Some are FREE. Most cost between $1.00 and $6.00 and are iterations of things I’ve done in my classes. All my items include extensive teacher notes. You can download a free sample of them all.

Interestingly, my “best seller” is an idea I had for an Anatomy and Physiology class long after I stopped teaching that subject. I’ve never used “Human Body World,” but teachers who’ve left comments say their students love it.

My second biggest seller is a Powerpoint, “How to Graph Scientific Data.” That does not surprise me.

I’ve worked with a former student and now a dynamite 2nd grade teacher, Dawn Jenkins Himaka on a product for elementary students. Called “The Very Best Animal,” the activity combines English/Language Arts with Ecology concepts where each student develops a campaign for “the best animal” in a given biome.

Of course, my activities are science oriented and target middle-high school students. If the teacher you’re buying for doesn’t match that profile, there are hundreds of thousands of items on the site.

Make two teachers happy and buy a gift for the teacher in your life from Teachers Pay Teachers.

Fiction and Non-Fiction I've written

I’ve put together a sampler from all my books. It’s a 77-page PDF file with about 2500 words from each of my books. 
I've included samples from three as yet unpublished books--the bottom row of covers in the photo above. 

I hope you’ll read through it. When you find a sample that piques your interest, follow the link in the PDF and snag a copy from Amazon.

If you do, I’ll be your best friend.

Here’s a list of all my books with links, if you don’t want/need a sample to hook you.
Books by C. R. Downing

Traveler’s HOT L - The Time Traveler’s Resort
©2014 Koehler Books
The first eight award-winning accounts of time travel and its results

Traveler’s HOT L Volume Two - 2nd Edition
New Tales from the Time Traveler’s Resort
©2014 Time After Time Publishing
Six more accounts of time travel and its sometimes-unexpected results.

Insecticide - A Science Fiction Thriller
©2017 Clurn Publishing
An epic tale of alien intrigue and invasion. In the end, the reader must decide is the title of the book a description or a prediction.

The Observers - A Science Fiction Odyssey
©2014 Koehler Books
Follow two bumbling operatives on four hilariously unforgettable missions

The Mixer Murder - A Mamba Mystery Volume 1
©2015 Mamba Mystery Press
Four cases of private investigator Phil Mamba. The last case is a “you solve it” story with evidence-including fingerprints!

egamI esreveR - A Timeless Tale from The Traveler’s HOT L Vol 3
©2015 Time After Time Press
Life in an antiparallel universe is more than simply reversed.

Patterns on PagesSecrets of the Sequenced Symbols – Traveler’s HOT L Vol. 4
@2017 Time after Time Press
Can two illiterates from the distant future save humanity from extinction?

Sir Isaac’s Car – 9 Tales of Daring and Disaster
©2017 CRD Publishing
Follow the (mis)adventures of Henry Langdon his best friend Aaron Freemont

Non-Fiction
Tune Up Your Teaching and Turn On Student Learning
Move from Common to Transformed Teaching
and Learning in Your Classroom
©2015 Morgan James Publishing
Strategies and examples for changing the way learning takes place. For Teachers, Parents, and Administrators

NICUAn Insider’s Guide
©2017 CRD Press
The story of Hadley Marie Downing’s 60 days in NICU intermixed with commentary from one and two years later. Also included are lessons learned, advice for helping others in this situation, and a glossary of NICU terms.

Idea FarmingA Science Guy’s Read on Writing – Volume 1
©2015 CRD Publishing
A discussion of the best ways to grow a bumper crop of short stories, novellas, anthologies, and novels grown in an analogy of writing as farming.




No comments:

Post a Comment