THOUGHTS ON HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS
Sacrifice the required animals as blood sacrifices for himself and the unknown sins of the people.
Blood is a cleansing agent and a delivery system in the body. Wastes are removed while oxygen and nutrients are delivered to cells. It's easy to see the parallel to salvation's removal of sin and filling with the Holy Spirit.
Some of the GOOD things
- They showed obedience by the people to God‘s commands,
- They showed faith by the people that God could forgive their sin’s through these animal sacrifices
- The loss of blood and life represented the consequences of sin by the people.
- They also represented the holiness and importance of God, that the people would want the priests to sacrifice animals as payment for their sins.
In the BAD Column
- They are temporary and you had to go through an intermediary to approach God for forgiveness through the priests doing the animal sacrifices,
- They could not remove the guilt that you feel or clear your conscious from the sin, even though the animal sacrifices show that you were forgiven.
- The animal sacrifices were more like things than having to do with the heart.
- They were ceremonial.
Note: The high priest went into the holy of holy’s did the atonement once a year, but the animal sacrifices for the sins of the people took place daily and sometimes 2 or 3 times/day.
The High Priest now offers prayers for the people each day in lieu of sacrificing animals. The morning prayers are the Abraham prayers. The afternoon prayers are the Isaac prayers, and the evening prayers are the Jacob prayers. Each prayer time is named after the patriarch who instituted that prayer time.
The following is Isaiah 56:1-8. It speaks specifically of praying for the Gentiles.